Gateway Antarctica and the English programme at the University of Canterbury, together with the School of English, Journalism and European Languages at the University of Tasmania, will host a conference examining Antarctica from a cultural perspective. Drawing on the arts, social sciences and humanities, the conference will focus attention on the ways in which we perceive and represent the southernmost continent.
Paper proposals on all aspects of medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern studies welcome. Literature, history, art history, music, philosophy etc. Conference held in Hobart, beautiful capital city of Tasmania (Australia's island state).
Participants who need to make travel arrangements are welcome to submit their proposals early and the convenors will assess their abstracts promptly
- Mary Carruthers (NYU; All Souls College, Oxford)
- Conal Condren (UNSW; University of Queensland)
- Ruth Evans (University of Stirling)
- Edward James (University College, Dublin)
- Rodney Thomson (University of Tasmania)